Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Assists with the daily shipping and receiving of raw materials, supplies, and products in accordance with company guidelines, giving careful consideration to using the most reliable, economical and efficient method.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Harmon Creek shippers to coordinate movement, storage and inventory of raw materials and finished goods through plant area.
- Facilitates the shipment and receipt of small package shipments from parcel carriers.
- Administers requisitions for supplies and services.
- Assists Harmon Creek Shippers and FEP Coordinator with paperwork and coordination of product shipments to customers, other plants and outside processors as needed.
- Performs shipping and receiving transactions in business system.
- Assists with coverage for other shippers and plants as needed.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); post-secondary education preferred
- 1-3 years production/manufacturing experience
- Weekdays, Noon until 8:00PM
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Independent judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Continual attention to detail
- Travel = 25%
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (HCCAR/SHIP)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.