Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Tests, calibrates and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical and electronic measuring, recording and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards. Assists with formulating calibration standards for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts analyses, audits, and repeat and reproductivity studies of measurement systems.
- Coordinates and calibrates micrometer pins and other gauges.
- Manages gauge calibrations performed by external vendors when sufficient equiments/tools are not present on site to perform an accurate calibration.
- Performs ongoing maintenance and repair of gauges and facilitates the replacement of units which cannot be repaired.
- Monitors the location of gauges, regulates replacement activities and maintains control of corporate measurement gauging system.
- Provides training to the manufacturing departments, as needed, on the proper use of monitoring and measuring equipment.
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance departments as needed.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); post-secondary education preferred
- 2-4 years relevant experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent time management skills
- Independent judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (QECTK6)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.