**We are requesting local candidates only for this position.**
Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
In this role you will make visual/measured inspection/tests of materials/products to ensure conformance with standards and determines if product meets all requirements. Completes inspection records and reports and follows appropriate codes and regulations. Makes visual and measured inspection of products to ensure conformance with standards and determines if product meets all requirements. May inspect incoming materials or plates, outgoing materials, or parts throughout the manufacturing process. May perform Ultra Sonic weld inspections, destructive or nondestructive examination to verify specified dimension, strengths and other quality factors using measuring instruments and inspection equipment. May also perform magnetic particle inspection. Completes inspection records and reports. Familiar with appropriate codes and regulations. Follows all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be certified Level II Ultra Sonic Inspector
- Certified to conduct and approve 3 or more NDE quality tests (such as Magnetic Particle, Ultrasonic testing and Visual Testing) and Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) preferred but not required
- Complete understanding of the job, company policies and processes.
- Applies extensive experience, knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks. · May operate specialized equipment and/or understand complex drawings and diagrams.
- May have completed an apprenticeship and/or formal training.
- Maintains technical certificates as required.
- Work requires planning and judgment.
- Determines and develops approaches to solve a broad range of complex problems.
- May serve as a problem-solving resource to others
- Extensive experience in use of inspection tools and measuring equip.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the jobs identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the jobs.
Competitive wage commensurate with experience, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (OHIO-Sonic2)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.