Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Develops, maintains, and modifies NC programs currently used in the CAD/CAM Department to ensure efficient operation in the production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interprets engineering drawings and prepares NC programs for all NC lathes, NC milling machines, NC post mills, and CNC grinders for company plants; implements and documents new tooling and processes for NC machines.
- Maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots Greco DNC download systems.
- Reviews, updates, and optimizes NC machine operations to ensure program efficiency and productivity.
- Develops and updates production drawings, tool drawings, and rework drawings.
- Assists with the development of CNC machine installations and CAD/CAM software, and develops CNC operations and training documentation.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required; post-secondary education preferred
- 0-3 years CAD/CAM software experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Independent judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Continual attention to detail
- Excellent time management and math skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of drafting concepts including but not limited to: English/metric conversion, tolerances, symbols, and spatial conception
- CNC machining experience preferred
- Esprit Software knowledge preferred
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (CNCPROGM)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.