Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Executes inventory costing activities and provides analyses designed to verify inventory accuracy and provide insight into variances generated. Assists in business plan and operating budget preparation and analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes daily operational activities for inventory costing and related processes.
- Monitors the application of item production costs to inventories to ensure accuracy, making and/or directing corrections, as needed.
- Performs inventory system close, including sub-ledger transfer to general ledger and General Ledger inventory account reconciliations.
- Performs standard cost variance analyses for review with plant and finance management.
- Prepares and distributes management reports related to sales and cost of sales.
- Maintains the selling price model for manufactured roll products, making revisions and updates, as needed.
- Aids in the development of the annual business plan and operating budgets.
- Manages and executes perpetual and physical inventories of work-in-process, finished goods, supplies and raw materials
- Calculates and uploads selling price Variable Indexed Surcharge and maintains documentation.
- Designated backup for Avonmore accounting processes, weekly travel required.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- BS/BA Degree; preferably in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years finance/accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Proficiency in Oracle Process Manufacturing (OPM) system preferred
- Strong code of business ethics, personal integrity, and accountability
- Ability to maintain discretion, tact and poise to work with confidential company information
- Knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Detail – oriented
- Independent judgement and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel weekly to Avonmore for cross-training
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.