Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Union Electric Steel Corporation is seeking Electrical Technicians / Journeyman Electricians for our Carnegie, PA manufacturing plant. You must provide proof of electrical experience. These unionized hourly positions offer an excellent fringe benefit package. This is an hourly position and applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends, as required.
Electrician performs complicated maintenance, installation and repair work on electrical circuits, power distribution, motors, generators, control panels, electrical control devices, etc.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Electrician may use soldering equipment, test equipment, meters, portable power tools and hand tools common to the trade.
Electrician will be exposed to machinery such as cranes, electric and gas furnaces, grinders, lathes, milling machines, in addition to motors, generators, circuit breakers, transformers, and all types of wire, conduit, panel boards, switches, electronic controls, cables, etc.
- Works from verbal and written instructions, samples, sketches or diagrams, to repair, maintain or install electrical equipment. Work is usually of a complicated nature. Electrician may make diagrams or sketches.
- Analyzes breakdown or power failure, finds source of trouble, plans work procedure, selects proper tools and materials to be used and proceeds with the work with limited supervision
- Has a thorough knowledge of electrical codes, plant electrical equipment and shop mathematics
- Performs or assists in making mechanical repairs associated with electrical work on cranes, manipulator, motors, etc.
- Performs installation and repair work on electronic control devices
- Operates cranes, as required
- May direct Craneman in the proper operation and care of cranes
- Follows all good shop practices as cleanliness, care of tools and equipment, keeping an orderly work place, etc.
- Observes all safety rules and watches for the safety of others.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the jobs identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the jobs.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (ELECT2-MM)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.