Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Supervise Daily Maintenance Operations involving the maintenance and repair of all equipment in the plant. Work with and coordinate the activities of Outside Contractors. Ensure compliance with all quality procedures, and ensure a safe work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the daily maintenance and repair activities within the plant to effectively allocate resources and coordinate workflow as determined by available product queues and equipment and personnel availability
- Work closely with the Maintenance manager to ensure project priorities are made to maximize production flow and on time deliveries
- Supervise up to 12 craft workers (mechanical and electrical)
- Ensure adherence to all Company policies, rules, and procedures in all aspects of the operation: environmental compliance, safety and health, cost control, human resources.
- Trouble shoot mechanical and electrical problems and provide technical support and direction for maintenance personnel.
- Maintain proper parts inventories
- Maintain essential records: calibrations, maintenance, environnemental, ISO
- Works with the local unions to maintain a positive relationship under the terms of the various collective bargaining agreements.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); post-secondary education in Maintenance Technology or related field preferred
- 1-3 years production/manufacturing experience; metals industry experience preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to interpret and schedule according to union contract guidelines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Independent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Proven leadership and motivational abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (FM-ANR)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.