Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Manages and executes the quoting, order processing and order change procedures. Supports Sales Department by interfacing with customers to handle administrative issues and needs. Interacts with Sales, Commercial, Production Planning, Specifications and Accounting departments as needed to ensure timely resolution of customer / order issues. Relieves Sales Department by acting as administrative “owner” of customers to help drive customer satisfaction and ensure adherence to internal UES processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as an interface between the sales organization, other internal departments, agents and customers for the designated accounts and/or regions.
- In coordination with ASM’s, manage and drive timely & accurate quotes by providing internal departments with technical and commercial information required to update manufacturing costs. Process selling price models and prepare quotations. Submit approved quotes to customers and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Order management owner from receipt of order through acceptance. Responsible to compile and verify all data and information required for order booking and order fulfillment.
- Facilitates customer order fulfillment by providing the internal departments with relevant delivery, shipping, transportation, pricing and payment information.
- Follows up on timely order fulfillment and provides order management information to customers and internal departments.
- Assists the Accounts Receivable department in payment collections and the resolution of payment issues.
- Assists the commercial department in the preparation and execution of documentary collections.
- Main contact point both internally and externally when the ASM’s are not present in the office.
- Supports designated ASM’s in maintaining updated sales forecasts.
- Assist the Commercial department in preparation and execution of documentary collections.
- Act as a customer liaison for the entire enquiry and order process and management.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in customer service or inside sales; experience in manufacturing preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultanteously and effectively
- Ability to maintain discretion, tact and poise to work with confidential company information
- Continual attention to detail
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese Preferred
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsurgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (ISR-HQ1)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.