Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Union Electric Steel Corporation is seeking a JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN for our Burgettstown, PA manufacturing plant. You must provide your Journeyman Electrician card/certificate for consideration.
This is an hourly position in a unionized setting and applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends, as required.
To inspect, repair, replace, install, wire, adjust and maintain all electrical equipment in the plant. Makes mechanical repairs to cranes, and as otherwise required in connection with electrical service.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Drill press, power saw, chain fall, burning equipment, portable drill and grinder, safety devices, miscellaneous electrical testing equipment and hand tools, pipe benders, soldering equipment, etc.
AC and DC equipment, such as electric furnace, cranes, manipulator, motors, generators, controls, switches, circuit breakers, transformer, control panels, lighting circuits, wire, tape, insulation, repair parts, control circuits, conduit, fittings, etc.
- Receives instructions, wiring diagrams, specifications, etc, covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done. Answers signal for electrical maintenance.
- Inspects all electrical equipment in the plant, checking motor bearings, lubrication, commutation, excessive vibration, obvious signs of wear or need for adjustment, etc. When faulty operation is observed or pointed out by operating crews, diagnose trouble using testing equipment or own judgment based on general knowledge of electrical principles. Perform work on “hot ” lines as required.
- Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production.
- Advises when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage, or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Interpret and analyze drawings and wiring diagrams to locate and trace electrical circuits, to determine material and replacement needs, and to select a logical approach to “trouble shooting” and repair problems.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates electrical equipment taking all safety precautions.
- Adjusts equipment to obtain proper operating characteristics.
- Makes either temporary or permanent repairs as required to equipment, such as main motor drives, generators, control panels, relays, interlocking control systems, electronic devices and circuit breakers.
- Makes mechanical and electrical repairs on cranes. Makes mechanical repairs as required in connection with the servicing of electrical equipment.
- Erects scaffolds and performs simple rigging as required.
- Operates small machine tools, such as drill press, power saw, etc.
- Check air compressor for proper operation. May start, stop or adjust compressor.
- Occasionally may operate crane as required to charge ingots in furnaces. Occasionally may make miscellaneous lifts as required on non-operating turns.
- Maintains clean and orderly working area.
- May make emergency, minor mechanical repairs in the absence of other maintenance personnel.
- Installs, splices or replaces sections of wire incidental to repair or temporary installation.
- May as required install conduit, fittings, switches, controls, fixtures, and connect and adjust electrical equipment for new installation or replacement of facilities, etc., or perform other related craft job duties as directed.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the jobs identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the jobs.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k, Pension
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (HCJMELEC)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.