Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
To set up and operate Turret Lathe, Engine Lathe, or Band saw for production of parts to customer specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives numerical work orders, prints and instructions from Team Lead.
- Locates work piece and positions piece in machine and transfers finished piece from machine to shipping & receiving. Turns all parts end for end as required.
- Sets up machine for various size parts as required by adjusting tail stock, head stock jaws, roll clamping, v-blocks, roller rest, indicate or layout.
- Sets up and operates machine tools, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds, etc., for operations being machined.
- Performs straight and taper turning, boring, threading, facing, drilling, tapping, reaming, plugging and mill work, etc., to the required dimensional specifications and tolerances.
- Uses tape measures, calipers, micrometers, scales, gauges, etc., to check for finish sizes.
- Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments or replacements to machine. May assist in repairs.
- Remove chips from machine. Maintains clean and orderly working area.
Training will be available for this position.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Continual attention to detail
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (AULATHE)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.