Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Union Electric Steel Corporation is seeking CNC Lathes and Grinding Machine Operators for our Carnegie, PA manufacturing plant. Candidates should have experience in the operation of CNC Lathes and/or Grinders. These unionized hourly positions offer an excellent fringe benefit package. This is an hourly position and applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts and weekends, as required.
To set up and operate engine lathe for production of rolls
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Up through 60” engine lathe, cutting tools, wrenches, files, calipers, rules, micrometers, gauges, dial indicators, etc.
- Works from verbal and written instructions, samples, sketches or diagrams, to repair, maintain or install electrical equipment. Work is usually of a complicated nature. Electrician may make diagrams or sketches.
- Analyzes breakdown or power failure, finds source of trouble, plans work procedure, selects proper tools and materials to be used and proceeds with the work with limited supervision
- Has a thorough knowledge of electrical codes, plant electrical equipment and shop mathematics
- Performs or assists in making mechanical repairs associated with electrical work on cranes, manipulator, motors, etc.
- Performs installation and repair work on electronic control devices
- Operates cranes, as required
- May direct Craneman in the proper operation and care of cranes
- Follows all good shop practices as cleanliness, care of tools and equipment, keeping an orderly work place, etc.
- Observes all safety rules and watches for the safety of others.
To set up and operate cylindrical grinding machine to perform all types of body and neck, straight, crown, and taper grinding
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Cylindrical for performing all types of body and neck, straight, crown and taper grinding, grinding wheels, mechanical and diamond wheel dresser, micrometers, scales, wrenches, cat heads, journal blocks, sine bars, crowning attachments, etc.
- Receives job instructions and drawing from Foreman
- Locates and hooks roll; directs Craneman in positioning piece in grinder and removing finished piece for placement in a designated area
- Sets up and adjusts machine controls, feeds and speeds for all types of straight, crown, or taper body and neck grinding to obtain required reduction and finish. Sets up and adjusts crowning device for proper crown specifications and dimensions. Sets grinder for proper taper grinding set up and works mostly to tolerances of .001 on diameters and scale measurements on lengths; performs necessary layout work to obtain proper length specifications. Rough and finish grinds on centers for all types of roll grinding work. May set up and grind on catheads or journal blocks, if required
- Most rolls are ground to a good commercial finish and required to finish grind rolls to customer specifications
- Uses micrometers, scales, templates, etc. to check and record body and neck dimensions. Uses dial indicator to check run-out, as required
- Uses diamond or mechanical dresser to dress straight, radii or forms on grinding wheels, as specified by print to obtain required finish; balances wheels
- Changes grinding wheels, as required. Changes centers, as required
- Cleans, lubricates, adjusts, and makes minor repairs to machine
- Maintains a clean and orderly working area
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the jobs identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the jobs.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (CARMACH6-MM)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.