Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Union Electric Steel Corporation is looking for a dynamic Production Planner/Scheduler to join our team in Carnegie, Pennsylvania.
The Production Planner/Scheduler will work with the Manager Production Planning to create the production schedules in compliance with manufacturing capacities and customer demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the scheduling of melting, forging and machining production to assure timely delivery of product to the finishing plants.
- Collaborates with manufacturing personnel and the Manager of Production Planning to develop an efficient Melt/Forge schedule to meet the current business objectives.
- Oversees the scheduling and outsourcing requirements for Ingot Forged product (IFP) to ensure on time delivery to the customer while not exceeding plant manufacturing constraints.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of production tracking data in Oracle.
- Participates in weekly plant production meetings, documents discussions on operating constraints, WIP positions, and the impact on meeting production goals.
- Schedules all non-standard production as required.
- Performs production planning data entry into Oracle as required.
- Dispositions incoming purchased scrap rolls to optimize value within the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for necessary communication and prioritization to ensure the timely movement of product through manufacturing operations to meet customer requirements.
In addition the successful candidate will have a BS/BA Degree coupled with 1-3 years of direct experience in planning/scheduling in a unionized manufacturing environment.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
If you have the requirements we seek please send your resume along with cover letter starting salary range requirements. Only those responses with the required information will be considered.
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.