Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Support the quality and manufacturing departments to ensure that all administration functions are completed including coordination of product inspection/testing and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review all quality and manufacturing records for completeness and adherence to required specifications – enter into data bases and systems once complete
- Coordinates the testing needs of all products coming through the plant including in-house testing (ultrasonic, hardness, etc.) as well as outside testing (mechanical properties, etc.)
- Prepare certificates of conformity for products being shipped from the plant
- Assist in scheduling of product through operations such as inspection and heat treatment
- Review non-conformances and coordinate preparation and distribution of documentation to responsible personnel (QA Superintendent, Metallurgy, etc.)
- Coordinate with finishing plants on products with non-conformances or other special needs
- Assist QA, Metallurgy and Manufacturing operations with data recording recording and analysis needs
- Assist in the development of quality systems documentation (SOPs and SPECs) as needed
- Train and become capable in performing all inspection methods including ultrasonic, hardness, MPI, DPI, etc.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); post-secondary education preferred
- Understanding and experience with computer and network systems
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and experience in use of network systems and ability to adapt to new systems as needed
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Experience and/or desire to work in a diverse environment including spending time on the production floor, being directly and physically involved with the product/testing, office time preparing certificates and entering records into the system, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize different tasks
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent time management skills
- Independent judgment and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (QAADM1)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.