Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Develops, trains, implements, and executes the Corporate Safety Program to provide a safe work environment for employees. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local laws and regulations pertaining to health and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain policies to establish corporate guidelines and directives with regard to safety, health and security.
- Implement corporate safety policies, procedures and directives in all facilities in cooperation with local management and union safety committees.
- Develop and execute a training program that educates the workforce and supervision to enable them to conduct daily activities in a safe and effective manner.
- Coordinate the identification and corrective action of unsafe conditions and unsafe practices with local plant management and union representatives.
- Maintains current regulatory requirements, and manages the proper documentation and reporting with respect to safety and health to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Advises and informs executive management on relevant safety initiatives and performance. Provide guidance on fostering our corporate safety culture.
- Assists with site Worker’s Compensation claims and Case Management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies to foster a team approach to continuous improvement in the company’s safety performance.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in Environmental Health and Safety
- 0-2 years relevant experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Continual attention to detail
- Independent judgement and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Competitive wage commensurate with experience, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (EHSS-PA)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.