Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Assumes responsibility for corporate accounting function including account analysis and reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage intercompany eliminations and reconciliations.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements including the results of our international operations.
- Complete financial statement analysis geared toward identifying trends and one-off reporting items and understanding fluctuations and unusual variances.
- Generate financial reports for use by executive management.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic SEC filings, including Forms 10Q and 10K.
- Coordinate efforts with external auditors and internal audit function.
- Support Manager of Financial Reporting in researching various accounting and reporting issues.
- Assist with strategic planning, financial forecasting, and budgeting.
- Support special projects including but not limited to acquisitions, divestures, implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA designation required.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, including public accounting
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Strong technical knowledge and financial statement analysis techniques
- Experience with electronic consolidation systems (Hyperion/HFM, Cognos) and reporting tools (Retrieve Excel or GL Wand)
- Oracle experience highly beneficial. Strong MS Excel skills a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Attentive to details to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Flexibility in adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (SRFIN-MM)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.