Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Manages and executes the quoting, order processing and order change procedures. Interfaces with customers to handle administrative issues and needs. Interacts with Production Planning, Logistics, Quality Assurance, Specifications and Accounting departments as needed to ensure timely resolution of customer / order issues. Acts as administrative “owner” of customers to help drive customer satisfaction and ensure adherence to internal UES processes. Partners with Area Sales Managers to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction and to help facilitate problem resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with Area Sales Managers, manage and execute the quoting process. Provide technical and commercial information required to estimate or update manufacturing costs. Ensure compliance with price approval process. Prepare quotations in business system(s). Submit quotes to customers and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Order management owner from receipt of order through acceptance / acknowledgment. Responsible to compile and verify all data and information required for order booking and order fulfillment. Ensure timely processing and facilitate by providing internal departments with relevant delivery, shipping, transportation, pricing and payment information as needed.
- Coordinate delivery schedules requested by customers with Production Planning and Logistics departments. Maintain the accuracy of delivery schedules and coordinate melt schedules through consistent interaction with customers and Production Planning departments.
- Perform order / delivery management tasks as needed, including but not limited to obtaining melt release, obtaining shipment release, requesting LC’s, issuing proforma invoices or down payment documents, requesting freight forwarder nominations, calculating and applying surcharges, requesting mill ID numbers, confirming customer receiving schedules, etc.
- Create and maintain customer profile documents, as applicable.
- Assist in the resolution of payment issues by interfacing with customer proactively and taking necessary actions to quickly resolve any issues negatively impacting collections.
- Support in handling of claims and non-conformities with responsible Area Sales Managers and Technical Sales personnel.
- Support Area Sales Managers in administration and updating of sales forecast.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in customer service or inside sales; experience in manufacturing preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultanteously and effectively
- Ability to maintain discretion, tact and poise to work with confidential company information
- Continual attention to detail
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive wage commensurate with experience, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.