Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Applies engineering science to failure analysis of product while engaging in ongoing research and development to enhance design and development of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support on the process and products to all manufacturing departments wwithin the company including the development of specifications to ensure prodict requirements and consistency.
- Assists with developing of new products and processes to help support Company growth and improve efficiency and costs
- Develops and performs failure analysis for internal scrap investigations and metallurgical examinations.
- Reviews product data and interprets laboratory tests and analyses to determine root causes of failure and recommends preventive action.
- Participates in ongoing research and development of forged and cast roll technology.
- Provides technical support to customers.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- BS Degree, preferrably in Metallurgy or Material Science Engineering
- 0-3 years of metallurgical experience in an industrial environment
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Independent judgement and decision making abilities
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
- Proven leadership and motivational abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ultrasonic Certification Level I and Level II preferred
- Certified Quality Systems Auditor preferred
- Experience and knowledge of ISO quality management system preferred
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive Wage, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.uniones.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources (PROCSSMET/HC)
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.