Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation, through its operating subsidiaries, is a leading producer of forged and cast rolls for the worldwide steel and aluminum industries as well as ingot and open die forged products for the oil and gas, aluminum, and plastic extrusion industries. It is also a producer of air and liquid processing equipment, primarily custom-engineered finned tube heat exchange coils, large custom air handling systems and centrifugal pumps. Ampco-Pittsburgh Corporation operates manufacturing facilities in the United States and the United Kingdom, with sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Belgium. Corporate headquarters is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Assists the Manager Production Planning to create the production schedules in compliance with manufacturing capacities and customer demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the scheduling of melting, forging and machining production to assure timely delivery of product to the finishing plants.
- Collaborates with manufacturing personnel and the Manager of Production Planning to develop an efficient Melt/Forge schedule to meet the current business objectives.
- Oversees the scheduling and outsourcing requirements for Ingot Forged product (IFP) to ensure on time delivery to the customer while not exceeding plant manufacturing constraints.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of production tracking data in Oracle.
- Participates in weekly plant production meetings, documents discussions on operating constraints, WIP positions, and the impact on meeting production goals.
- Schedules all non-standard production as required.
- Performs production planning data entry into Oracle as required.
- Dispositions incoming purchased scrap rolls to optimize value within the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for necessary communication and prioritization to ensure the timely movement of product through manufacturing operations to meet customer requirements.
(All Education/Experience bullets are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- BS/BA Degree preferred
- 0-3 years relevant experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(All Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities are required unless noted as “Preferred”)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize projects
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously and effectively
- Continual attention to detail
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office products to organize and communicate
The above duties and responsibilities designated as essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related functions that are not listed above.
Competitive wage commensurate with experience, Medical, Dental, 401k
Pre-employment physical, background check and drug screening for all new hires
We have created a culture and environment that fosters personal and professional growth. If you would like to become part of our dynamic organization, visit our website at www.ampcopgh.com and send a resume and cover letter for immediate consideration to:
Union Electric Steel Corporation
An Ampco-Pittsburgh Company
Post Office Box 465
Carnegie PA 15106-0465
Attention: Human Resources
(Please no phone calls)
EOE AA M/F/D/Vet/Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self Identification of Race, Gender, and Protected Veteran Status
Click here to apply. Please attach your resume and cover letter.